Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog Hop

Danelle wanted to start a blog hop, and I was excited to do it.  I would love to know if anyone ever looks at my blog, and I don't really get any comments, so I thought maybe a blog hop would get people looking at my blog.  The theme she gave us, was to do some sort of sewing.  On a page, a card, actually sewing...anything...so it was easy.  In fact, I've done more sewing in the last month or two than I have for a long time.  I already posted some of those projects...see the receiving blankets, the apron for the family reunion auction, the layouts I've sewn on...the hats I made ( I guess you'd call the sewing).  Anyway.  As many of you know, Stephanie laid down a challenge a few years ago, to follow in my mother's footsteps and make a quilt for each of my grandkids for when they get married.  I didn't really think it was fair...I work full time...but I took up the challenge.  And my sister Doris has been quilting for me.  My project was another quilt top to send home with Doris when she came for the family reunion.  It took me awhile, but I got it done before she came.  I will be going to Soda in September to help do some of the quilting.  I really liked the colors, and was pleased with the top when I got done.  It was a kit I bought at the Gathering  Place, and it wasn't nearly as large as I wanted, so I had to find some co-ordinating fabric to extend the size.
Check out the other posts from links on Danelle's blog: 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

positively beautiful! i am so amazed at your talents! xo darlalou

Creative Day said...

It really was a pretty quilt. And people do read your blog...they just don't like to comment (me). Ashley

Robin said...

Just amazing!!!!