Friday, September 24, 2010

Christmas Council project

I think my family is totally awesome.  I'm sharing these photo's, not to say we did something special, but because I feel like our family is very generous and they are so supportive.  At the beginning of the year, Danelle started a family blog and called it the "year of Sharing".  She outlind a project to share or give for every month of the year.  And so far, our family has been very, very generous.  In August, we asked everyone to bring a new toy to donate to the Christmas council.  As you can see from the lower photos...everyone brought something.  I think some families brought more than one.  Then, the Johnson's, who were over the family reunion this year, planned for the family to spend Saturday morning making things to donate as well.  I was so impressed with the projects that I just had to share.
 We  made 30 bracelets.  Even a couple of men sat and arranged beads and strung them.  Cinda was in charge of this project.
 Years ago, my father made these folding wooden fences for Jason and CJ.  They loved them.  You could corral animals or cars or whatever.  We made 10 of these.

 We made 39 of these darling hair clips.  And if you notice...we not only made them, the Johnson's finished packaging them so they looked wonderful.  Sorry about the shadow.  I was taking these photos out in our shop and it isn't the best lighting.
 We packaged up ten bags of all occasion cards.  (I could probably do that many more).


 Since I've been having so much fun making hats, I did a few of those for teenage boys.
The younger boys had a ball making these marshmallow guns.  Danelle & Gary said they're going to go get pvc parts for Treven to just play with.  I think he could build almost anything out of them.  We ended up with 18 of these.
This was a cool project.  It is a large washer wrapped with ribbon and then put on string for a necklace.  They were so cute.  Again...notice the nice packaging.





When I took this stuff over to the Christmas Council, the lady was very appreciative.  That makes it all worthwhile.  I have a few more things to work on, and maybe we can make another donation.  But I just want to thank our family!  That mainly who reads my blog, and I want you all to know you're AWESOME!
Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that is just AWESOME and you should be so proud of your family! So cool!
Darla