Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Here are some pinwheel flowers I made

I saw some paper pinwheels in Pocatello at the scrapbook store, and wanted to try making them.  They turned out really cute, but the problem I had was how to get them to stick on a stick so I could stand them up in a vase.  I used glue dots, but that didn't last long, so I really didn't display these very long.  Any ideas out there?
Last night Jeff and I took mom up to North Heglar to pick chokecherries.  She said last year she could sure use some for syrup and jam.  Jeff checked it out and said they were almost too ripe, so we'd better go right away.  I think we probably picked 5 gallons or so, so she should get quite abit of juice.  Jeff's parents were just coming down the canyon, when we were going in.  They had picked them some and a bucket full for us, so we had a little bit of a head start.  Mom said she would run them through her juicer for me, so it shouldn't be too bad.  I had a brainstorm that I could make a basket with pancake mix, some chokecherry syrup for gifts for Christmas.  Sounds fun huh?

No comments: