Friday, September 17, 2010

Small blessings

Last night when we got home from work, Danelle and the kids were there.  Chelsey and Mikayla have been cleaning house for me.  I love it.  They earn some money, and I don't have to do the day to day sweeping,mopping, dusting thing.  They've been really good about coming also.
Anyway...I drove into the shop, and Ellie, Treven, Chelsey & Danelle were out petting the horses.  Ellie came running and saying..."granma...granma...granma"  What a treat that was.  She acted so excited to see Jeff and I both.  She was saying words all night.  She knew what a horse says, what a dog says, where her tummy is, where her eyes are...she's learning so fast.  Jeff was going out to his dad's to help him winterize his 5th wheel, and when he got ready to leave, Ellie ran clear out to the door kissing her lips and waving her hand and saying...bye...bye.  Jeff asked if she needed a kiss before he left, and she nodded her head and said "yes" and tipped her face up so he could kiss her.  I sort of thnk she's won him over...for sure! What a great..."Small Blessing".
The girls seemed to love their hats, and I'll have photos to shortly.  They both really liked their black/orange hats.  Chelsey said they can't wear hats to school, or she would wear hers for spirit day.  They really did turn out cute.  Treven liked the color of his hat, but thought it was just a little small for him.  I'll have to make another one and add a few more stitches. I may never get done making hats.
Yesterday I took the gifts over to the Christmas council, and the lady was so excited.  She just kept saying...and it's all new...I didn't know people donated used stuff for the most part.  I did take a few photos of the donations, and I'll share that before too long.  I must say though...our family ROCKS.  I could not believe how much stuff there was, and how awesome the things we made at the reunion turned out.  This year of giving has really been special.  Thanks Danelle for al the effort in doing it.  It has really made me think of others more, and remember how blessed we are.
Both of these photos show more of the cards I've been making trying to use up scraps and the card fronts I already have put together.  I also got out lots of leftover embellisments and stickers, etc and tried to use some up.  Sometimes I just forget that I have things because they're stuck away in a closet or some box.  So it's sort of fun to get stuff out and just figure out ways to use it.

No comments: