Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mikayla and her spirit hat

Mikayla modeling her Orange and Black Declo Hornet hat.  I didn't want to make it exactly like Chelsey's, so I tried to do something different.  I sort of liked the narrow stripe, and loved the little bit smaller flower with the button in the center.  Hope she likes it too.

Mikayla actually picked this brown hat the first time she came over, and I just finally got a tan flower made for it so she could take it.  I thought it turned out super cute.  It really helps to have such beautiful girls to model them for me.
Friday night, Robin, Christopher, and Taylor came down.  Robin did a photo shoot of Jeff and I.  We ran ou of light before we had too much time, so we just did them down to mom's.  We used the bricks/shed, the barn, the tin on the shop, the big tree in her front yard, and on the grass.  We've used these same backgrounds alot.  They seem pretty cool for alot of photos.  I told Jeff...I hope we get at least one good photo.  I always crinkle up my eyes now...I didn't used to, but the older I get the worse it is.  He told me...We are what we are!  Good advice, but it's really hard for me to accept it.  Robin did not show me one photo...guess she wants to try and fix them up!
Saturday we went to Janell's for the SU club.  The funny thing is, Robin has been in the club for 3 or 4 years, and this is the first time she has been able to come down and actually go to it...and guess what?  Janell, Danelle, myself, and Robin were the only ones there.  It was just a family get together.  So, we did some retreat work, and then Robin, the boys, and myself went to Doc's pizza for lunch, then into the Gathering Place to scope out fabric.  Robin bought some Christmas pieces for a bag, and some green/browns that were pretty unique.  Bet they turn out super cute.  Then they took off for home.
Chelsey posted something about Ellie on facebook, and so I called to see what was going on.  I guess they thought Ellie's arm had been hurt, but when she got up from her nap...Danelle said she was fine.  Chelsey is the "best" sister to Ellie.  She has been since she was born.  Chelsey always wanted to take care of her.  Ellie is such a cutie.  Her personality is really coming through now.

2 comments:

Danelle said...

Cute hats and cute kids...where do you find such adorable models?

crazydarla said...

I am loving these hats! Robin made me a super cute purple one a couple of years ago... I will have to show you sometime!