Thursday, December 29, 2011

Photo Challenge Day 27











One thing about doing the Photo challenge this month with Ashley, was that I downloaded some photos that I had even forgotten that I had taken.  In early November, Jeff and I took a drive up through Arco to Challis, over to Stanley and home through Sun Valley.  The fall colors were spectacular.  The first photo is at a campground just west of Challis.  It was misty that day and felt like it was actually going to snow.  I thought the colors against the sky were so pretty.
The next photos were along the river on our way to Stanley.  It was raining and the water was just hanging on those late chokecherries.  I had a ton of gorgeous photos from this spot.  There was a small group of yellow/orange trees amongst all pine trees that I loved.  I just never know what to do with the beautiful scenery photos that I get.
The last photo is near Galena summit.  It was actually snowing on top, and tomorrow I will share those photos with you.  I know these aren't actually taken in December, but it was through the challenge that I found them.
The Christmas season is nearly over.  Last night Jeff's parents finally felt well enough to come over and open gifts with us.  I'm so glad they are getting better.  It always a worry when they get sick.  I don't know if I'll take down decorations this weekend or if I'll wait until next week.  It doesn't really seem like I've had them up very long.  But I'm getting in the mood to clean....

No comments: