Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Photo Challenge Day 24


I always make Poppycock for Jeff's father.  He loves it, but since he's really watching his sugar, I only made it for them when they went elk hunting, and for Christmas.  It's a favorite of everyone I've ever given it to.


I bought this cupcake rake when I was in Chicago.  I thought Braquel was using them at her wedding, and loved this one.  Had to have Crate & Barrel ship it home for me even.  Then Danelle told me they weren't using them anyway...so I had to use it for something.  I made cupcakes for us to eat after the Christmas Eve party.  I also made the Frosty (white) hot chocolate to drink.  Everyone seemed to enjoy that.


We all had a good laugh when we were opening gifts.  I sent Ellie over with a gift marked for "Jason".  She gave it to David, and he said..."Hey.  I have a gift for Jason?  Who's that?"  I had to introduce him to Jason...he turned about as bright of red as I've seen.  Duh?




I got a new frame full of photo's of the Gibbon's family.  Sally said it looked like they were way behind on my bookcase...only a couple of years.  Boy, when kids are this age though, that makes a huge difference.
After everyone left, Jeff & I were getting ready to go down to mom's, and discovered that Danelle had left her camera on the counter.  I called and they were on the freeway almost to KOA.  I don't think Gary wanted to come back very bad, but we offered to meet them partway.  Met them at the Hub and they went back home.  Ellie was already asleep in the car seat.  After we got home from Mom's about 11:15 or so, we came downstairs...there sat Jason & Sally's camera and camcorder.  Called them, and Jason said he'd come out early the next morning and get theirs.
What a great day.  Enjoyed the big family party and then having all the kids here to open gifts.  We have such cute and "perfect" grandkids and kids.  Love them all!

No comments: