Thursday, May 19, 2011

Palasades trip

 I had most of this layout finished at the retreat.  At least the photos trimmed and knew how I wanted to lay it out.  I finished it up last week, and quite liked it.  I have it hanging on my clipboards on the wall in my craft room, and I can tell Jeff likes it because he comes in almost every night and loos at it.  It probably isn't the layout he likes...I'm sure it just reminds him of the great time we had.









It was a great time.  We even got about a quart of huckleberries picked.  We got entirely soaked doing it, but it was well worth the effort.  One day we just spent driving around and checking things out.  I took alot of photos, which was fun with my new camera.
I drove to Salt Lake City on Wednesday, and couldn't believe all the rain.  On the news last night, they said they had gotten over 2" of rain in the valley, and 17-18" of new snow up in the canyons.  They were expecting that much more today.  It was certainly raining heavily when I left about 9:30.
I went to a store that Ashley had told me about...Wood Connection.  Loved all the ideas they had, and the cut out letters and shapes.  I bought some, and will share them after I get them painted and ready to go.  It might take me awhile though...I'm excited to get started on them though.  What a fun store!
We had dinner last night at the Porcupine Grill.  It was on Wasatch Blvd., and had excellent food.  I had lemon peppered salmon.  They had a WONDERFUL dessert...porcupine ice cream.  It was chocolate cake, chocolate mouse, dipped in chocolate.  It had spines like a porcupine, which was almond slivers poked in the cake before they dipped it...then they had ice cream and whip cream, and a whole strawberry on it.  WOW.  I shared it with one of the guys from Amalgamated.  On our way back, Ray took a wrong turn, and we went way up a canyon before coming back, and saw the most beautiful homes.  Talk about huge.  Most of them looked more like hotels.
I'm glad to be back home though.

No comments: