Monday, May 16, 2011

Flowers & headbands







When I was in Idaho Falls a couple of weeks ago, I went to Joann's and saw so many sparkly, pretty fabrics that I just couldn't resist.  I thought I'd make some headbands for baby gifts.  So, I bought about 4" of several colors, along with some satin to make flowers with. 

These are some of the headbands that I bought, along with some stretchy ribbons that I thought would be pretty cute also. 
 This is the first one I made.  I'm going to give it to Travis and Jessica for their new baby girl.  I thought it turned out cute.  I'm also in the middle of making them a "scrapbook"...sort of.  When I get it finished I'll share it with you.
Friday night after work, I ran into Keepsake Cottage, and found a new product...at least to me...called Gubers??? I think.  Anyway, it's a round circle that has adhesive on it, so you can twist ribbon or whatever and stick it down as you fill it up to make a flower.  This was my first attempt at it.  I didn't think it was too bad...hopefully I improve though.
Come back tomorrow to see flowers that I made with some of the glittzy fabric I got.  Love them!

No comments: