Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baby Boy Canister


 I had several of these Almond Roca cans left from filling Christmas jars for work gifts, and kept thinking there was surely something I could do with them.  Well, I was finally motivated when several ladies started having babies.  So, here's the first one I made...for a boy.


The outside is a little tricky to cover, because it isn't straight up and down.  It is actually smaller at the bottom, so I had to make adjustments on the paper.  It also shows up on the pages inside, as you have to curve them somewhat.


 I covered the top, and put a little decoration on it.  Not much.  I left the gold around the edge, because I actually thought it looked sort of cool.  I glued the paper on top and then sanded it to finish off the edges.


 I made a page for each month for the babies first year.  I had some tape with the numbers on it.  I thought that worked out pretty well.  Loved using up some of the papers and embellisments that I had on hand.






Thanks for stopping by and sharing.  I almost have two girl's canister's finished, and I'll share those shortly.  Love it when I can repurpose something.

No comments: