Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kylie's birthday layout


I loved so many of the photos from Kylie's birthday party it was hard to narrow them down for a two page spread.  I absolutely loved the one of Kylie on page one, with her hand on her hip..."Say what?"  Can't you just see what she's thinking?  I had this overlay from Fancy Pants that I'd been saving, and I thought it made this page cute.
 The top left photo was another one of my favorites.  I used it as the background on my computer for several months.  I thought Kylie and Ellie looked so cute together.  The kids got to have a water fight after we opened gifts and they had a ball doing that.  They also used up Kylie's bubbles.



I actually quite liked this layout when I got it finished.  I think good photos do help make scrapbooking fun. 
Today I went to a funeral ( two of them actually).  A really good friend of mine, had a brother that was born with Down Syndrom.  He passed away at age 47, and Judy's husband gave a super good life story.  He told about the fun they had with Brent, the medals he had won in Special Olympics, how he lived alone for many years.  He had his own horse and could bridle and saddle him and ride.  He accomplished so much even with his challenges.  Then I went to Hattie Smyers funeral.  Her mother and my great grandmother were sisters.  She was 103 years old.  They said Teddy Roosevelt was president when she was born, and she lived through 19 presidents.  It was interesting as they named things that have happened in history and how old she was then.  WWI, the depression, WWII, horse & buggy, to fancy vechiles that cost many thousands of dollars now...to getting Bin Laden.  If you think about, I can't even image how much change she has seen in her lifetime.  It was very interesting.  I think of even how much things have changed in the last 20 years and it's amazing.  I hope I'm as good at adapting as she seemed to be.  You could tell that her family was very proud of her.
They had a photo in the program of her, and I leaned over and said to mom...so you got your chin from the Rutledge's.  She said it sounded like she'd gotten much more from them than that.  I know she was referring to how they said Hattie & her husband always left a place better than when they rented it, how she planted flowers all over and could remember who gave her starts of them, how she was always doing something...no time to just sit around.  Yes...I do believe she's passed alot of those traits down too.

No comments: