Saturday, May 7, 2011

Baseball layout







This layout was a challenge, as I tried something and totally hated it.  So...I painted over it and put stickers on the painted part instead of the printing that I had originally done.  I guess that means you can usually figure out a way to fix something, but...it sort of took away the pride in it.  But...I didn't think it turned out that bad.
This was such a fun day.  Natalie had come to spend the weekend with us while Jason & Sally were gone somewhere, and she actually took most of the photos for me that day.  It was windy and cold, but Ellie just wanted to play on the jungle gym and the slide.  I had fun playing with her.  Treven played well, but it's hard when it's so cold.
Danelle & the kids came over today and brought my Mother's day gift...a gift certificate to the local nursery.  I love it!!!! It always costs so much to plant all my barrels, so this will really help.  We had a great time visiting with them.  I got to play with Ellie and give hugs to Treven.  I had baked cookies, and Ellie would take a bite and then put it back on the table.  We sent them home with a bag of cookies.  What a great family.  Thanks guys!
After that, we went to Twin to watch Connor play in a soccer tournament.  He ended up playing goaly because theirs got hurt.  He hates it, and when they would come towards his end of the field he would start jumping up and holloring for his teammates to take it away and get down to the other end of the field.  They ended up winning 4-1 though.  It rained and the wind blew, but at least it wasn't as cold as it was in Boise last week.  Later, after dinner, he did the goalie war.  We stood for over an hour and watched the girls play off.  Finally....after rain and wind again...the boys went.  But, Connor lost on his first try.  He gave it a valiant effort though.  Getting a bag of homemade chocolate cookies gave him a lift though.  At least someone likes my cooking!

No comments: