Friday, August 6, 2010

Photo's I took for a challenge

 I'm so excited.  I am part of a photography challenge, and I'm loving it.  This is why I loved the photoshop class so much.  We had a "theme" or a challenge to work on each week, and it made me get my camera out and use it.  I took alot of photos, and I'm excited to do the same thing now.  The photo above was taken at Palasades Dam, and I loved how the sandy edge shows up so well.  I guess it's from the wake moving in against the shore and stirring up the dirt there.  But I really liked the contrast.  I took some of a sail boat along the shore also, but it was just too far away to look good.

Jeff's mom was excited to help me with this assignment.  She was watching for "spot" color all the way to Palasades.  She found this branch with some berries on it and brought it to me to take a photo.  I liked the way it turned out also, but it actually has more than one color to it.  I was sort of looking for one color against a background.

This photo was okay, but not my favorite.  Maybe if I'd only put one flower in the photo??? It's weird that one looks white and one is more cream colored.
I liked all the thistles that were blooming up there.  I took alot of those.  I even have a couple where there's a very nice looking bee on the blossom.  I was pretty fond of these photos also.  But my favorite is the one below.  It just turned out so sharp and clear, and there is one spot of color against the green background.

1 comment:

Janell said...

Yes, I like the white against the dark best too. Nice job, Sis