Thursday, August 26, 2010

Look what I've been doing

When I went to Boise with Danelle and the girls, at the Carter's outlet store they had the cutest hat.  It was brown with a big flower on it, and I loved it.  I've been thinking about trying to make one for Ellie, and when I went to Idaho Falls Monday afternoon, I made a quick stop at WalMart to look for some buttons.  I saw this cool brown yarn, and decided I'd try to make one.  After Robin and the boys and I ate dinner that night, we stopped at Porter's, and they had a free pattern for knitted or crocheted beannies.  I started one when I got back to the hotel.  It looked pretty cute.  Then I thought maybe I'd have enough yarn to do another one, so I tried to crochet looser (trying to make it a little bigger) and got almost finished when I ran out of yarn.  I decided to add a couple of rows of pink and then tried to make up the flower.  I thought it turned out super cute and I'm excited to make more.  I've got to try it on Ellie though, because it still looks a little small to me.  But I love it.  I think I'll add a little blue trim on the first one and send it to a nephew and his wife who just had a new baby boy. 

1 comment:

allthingsrobbin said...

Lois, thanks for your kind comments! I love your blog too, maybe someday I will be able to take photos like you.