Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August exchange cards

I had this great paper (only one page) that was all sparkly and bright, but I could never quite decide what to do with it.  I decided since the August theme was birthdays, I was going to use it somehow.  I flipped through the SU catalog, and just looked for a card that I might be able to use, and came up with this idea.  I thought it actually turned out fairly cute.
I thought this was sort of fun.  The color doesn't look quite right on here, but the flowers actually matched... It is a fun summery background paper.
I like paper piecing, but it does take quite a bit of time.  Besides, it uses up scraps, which I'm always trying to do.  I have tons of the things, and there are times when I think..."just throw it away"...but then I think, I could use that, and I get it right back out of the garbage.  It's sad.  But, I think my parents went through the depression, and they've taught me not to waste.  Even though there's other ways, that I do waste...funny how we are huh?

I had a pattern for paper piecing this card, and had been just waiting to try it.  It turned out fair...I think it might have looked better on a 5x7 card maybe.  But, I wasn't to unhappy with it.  I made several of these for myself as well as for the exchange.

No comments: