Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Freezing rhubarb

I picked peas a couple of times out to Reta and Vern's, and then shelled them for Danelle. I hope the girls enjoyed eating them. Jeff and I had new potato's and peas for dinner one night.

Last week, Mom told me I should pick her rhubarb, or it was going to be ruined and we wouldn't get anymore for the summer. I went down and pretty much cleaned up everything there. I froze over two gallons of rhubarb plus made rhubarb cobbler to take with us over the weekend. Jeff and his dad are riding horses up by Palasades Dam this week, but his mother and I went up with them on Saturday morning. We came back on Monday. We had alot of fun. We picked huckleberries on Sunday morning, and got totally soaked. Everything either had rain on it or alot of dew. Anyway, we might have gotten two cups full...in about an hour of three of us picking. They were small and far and few between. But, that's enough so I can make huckleberry chocolates at Christmas time.


No comments: