Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Not a good night

Yesterday, Jeff took off at noon and planned to take Mark, Tricia, and the girls 4-wheeling. I worked until around 6:00 and then came home and did a layout to post for our challenge on the retreat blog. Then I thought maybe I should start some dinner. I had planned to grill potato's and carrots, etc in foil and salmon. I started everything and then set the table up outside, started a fire in the fireplace. I opened the windows to the house and was playing the Ipod. It was very relaxing, until no one came home. At 9:45 I went ahead and ate and started cleaning up everything. By then, I was sure something had happened.
Sure enough. About 10:30 Jeff brought the girls home, and told me that Tricia had tipped over one of the bikes on herself. She and Mark were at the hospital. I fed the girls and then we colored and looked at scrapbooks. Finally at 1:30 they just couldn't stay awake any longer. The rest of the crew didn't make it home until after 2:00 and then I reheated everything and fed them all. It was about 3:00 when we got to bed...and then the alarm went off at 4:30. Needless to say, I didn't make it up until almost 6:00. I'm just glad she's okay. She broke one rib and has some deep bruises. The bike got a broken mirror, a smashed switch for the winch...don't know what else, and it doesn't matter. We're just glad she's okay!

No comments: