Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My birthday


Well, I'm another year older...I guess the only good thing about it, is that it beat's the alternative. At least someone told me that. Everyone keeps making a big deal out of my age, thinking it will bother me, but it really doesn't. I know I'm older than dirt...I took the test in an email. But, I'm really not unhappy to be getting this age. It's better than thinking about having to go back and relive everything again. Yeah, I hate the stiffness, my hands not gripping anymore, my back aching, the arthritis...maybe I do hate getting old! BUT, there's grandkids. They are the best thing ever. I just love them all. There's security. We're not quite so worried about how we're ever going to pay for everything. We worry about the kids and grandkids, but it's not a second to second thing like when you are raising your kids. I can't say I don't worry though...I worry about this country and the direction we're going, I worry that my kids and grandkids won't have the life we've had, I worry that one of them will get hurt or have some tragic thing happen...I guess life is always a roller-coaster. It has it's ups and then it has it's downs. Overall, I feel like I've had a pretty good life.
I had a ton of messages on facebook yesterday from all kinds of family and friends, and that was so cool. I had no idea that facebook let people know when your friends have birthdays...gotta figure that one out. I had some really cool gifts...thank you everyone! And thanks for the phone calls and cards and notes. Love you all.
Life is good!

No comments: