Monday, June 28, 2010


The 7th technique was different ways to use your brayer. I actually have a brayer, but I didn't really take time to get it out and do some of the things she listed. They are rather interesting though. I'll list a few of them for you:
Adhering two paper surfaces together
Adhering photos to layouts
Roll over large rubber stamps to make sure the whole surface is inked
Flatten out surfaces
Adhering or embedding embellishments
Apply art mediums like ink and paint
Wrap different things around it and make printed designs
Create stenciled effects by laying down things and inking over them (doilies, netting, lace)
All good ideas, but...I just didn't take time to do them since I'm so far behind all ready.
#8
Adding texture to Acrylic Paint:
See photo above. I used a couple of photos from a drive that Jeff & I took in January through Crater's of the Moon. I punched out snowflakes in a piece of cardstock, then laid it over my recipe card and filled it with the medium. I let it dry for 15-20 minutes and then removed the cardstock. Worked well...except when I put my finger on it and smashed one of the snowflakes...Still...cute idea.

No comments: