Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ellie on Mother's Day


Ellie loves to play with my little wood blocks. They have letters on them, and I spell out holidays or whatever is coming up. She thinks they are toys. I was on the floor playing with her, and I would hit two together. She liked the noise, so she would take those two from me. I'd pick up two and start making the noise again, and she would take those two. I guess mine always sounded a little crisper or something. Then she started hitting a vase that I have sitting on the floor by the bookcase, with the block. Danelle told her NO...she would look at Danelle and then hit it again. Danelle would say...NO. After a couple of times, Danelle hit her hands a little. She looked at Danelle and without taking her eyes off her, reached over and hit the vase...she was NOT going to be denied.

Isn't she the cutest little thing? Jeff tells me that Ellie and Treven have me wrapped around their fingers and that if they asked for a million dollars I'd probably give it to them. All these grandkids are pretty special. I love being a Grandma, and I didn't ever think I'd say that.
Gary and Danelle came down on Mother's Day, and it was so much fun. I think the best gift any one can give is to spend a little time with someone they love. We all think we're so busy, but giving of yourself is the best ever.

No comments: