Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My June exchange cards

This card was made using a reverse stamp. In other words, you're actually stamping the background, and the flowers were open spaces. I clear embossed the stamp, and then sprayed it with glimmer mist. I also sprayed the flowers, which were white to begin with. They had this idea at Archiver's, and I loved it. I'm going to try it again, but instead of just spraying with two colors (which in my case just blended), I'll spray one, then cover that up and spray the other color. I also didn't realize until later, that the ones I'd seen were done of water color paper. I'll be sure to try that next time also.
If you check out our retreat blog, you'll see this card...but without the glitter. On the retreat blog we were to leave tips and idea's, and mine was to use scraps up immediately...I punched alot of strips...then you're ready to use them when you start working on a project.
I loved this stamp when I bought it, but haven't used it much. But, since I needed men's cards, I dug it out. It actually turned out pretty well, I thought. Except the glitter didn't stick very well, and now I have glitter all over my craft room...as well as all over me...


I actually love this set. I've had it for years, and always go back to using it. It is just so "manly" I guess. I sent one to a customer, and he called me at home yesterday to thank me, and tell me how much he liked that card. He said, "I'm just like that big bear". He kept telling me how beautiful it was. It really isn't that great, but I think people really appreciate the time and effort you put into a homemade card, as much as the appearance.

Here's the exchange cards I made for the month of June. The theme was "nature". I needed some men's cards for work, so that's mainly what I made.




No comments: