Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday

Hi...another day in "snowy" Idaho. We had huge flakes of snow this morning along with high winds. Is it the end of April or not? It sure doesn't act like it. But, that's Idaho.
Braquel called last night and invited us to come to the Declo high school tonight for an open house, where all the seniors displayed their projects. That was really interesting. They had all done an incredible amount of work on them. Each had their own subject, and most had laptops with video's, each had a notebook full of information they had collected, and some kind of poster or display. It was well worth our time. Braquel had done an excellent job. Her's was on child abuse, and because it's such a personal issue, she had a hard time talking about it without crying. On Monday they present it to five judges. I guess they pick five kids and they are eligibile for scholarships. It was really cool.
Mom and Doris met us at work and rode out to Declo with us. Then Jeff offered to take us all to dinner, so we ate at Perkins. Tomorrow morning is Doris's surgery, so she couldn't eat much, but it was very sweet of Jeff to take us all. He's a keeper!
The layout above is almost the last one for my 2008-2009 books. The right hand page is several photos layered so I didn't have to crop them so much. It was a 4-wheeling trip that Jeff and his brothers took to Boulder City, above SunValley. It is a beautiful place. Wish I could show you each photo, because it's pretty cool. I think I have two more I did at the retreat of the family reunion, and I have a couple yet to do and that year's books will be history. I actually got a couple of layouts done for my 2009-2010 year at the retreat too. So I'm on my way with that year. If we keep holding retreats, I'm going to have to work for Stephanie or Danelle on theirs.

No comments: