Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday








I bet you all wish I'd quit posting cards, but that's mainly what I make.  It's just so easy to sit down and make a card in a few minutes.  And that seems to be all I have to spare lately.
Tuesday, I learned that one of my electrical engineers that I work with had a massive heart attack.  I've been quite upset over it....more than I thought I would be.  I've worked with him since I started doing sales clear back in the 80's.  I knew I liked him and certainly appreciated the business relationship we had, but...I think I realize now, that these customer's are way more than "customers".  I've become such good "friends" with them.  I realize now that they are some of my "best" friends.  I see them and talk to them each week...sometimes everyday...sometimes several times a day.  I feel the same way about our vendors.  My point...I will truly miss them when I retire and don't see them as much.  I hope they all know how much I appreciate them as friends ...not just customer's and I hope I can convey that to them.

No comments: