Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Barrels




These beauties are on the east side of my house.  When we had our landscaping done, they put alot of barrels around the house.  I usually like putting petunia's in them because the colors are so pretty and they bloom so much.  This year I tried doing some different colors.  This one is full of pink and purple, as well as some herbs.

 





These are the herbs that I planted in back.  Gary made one of these planters for me, and Ila & Ellis made the other one.  It's about time to repaint them I think...








These are the barrels in front of the garage and by the front step.  The ones in front of the garage were supposed to be red/white/blue.  Robin's the only one that even noticed that.  Usually I put flags out, and I wanted that theme to carry through.  The one by the front step is the purple/white theme.
Tomorrow I'll share the flowers in front of the shop....more barrels.
I love flowers, and when they put the gravel around the house I was very disappointed that I wouldn't be able to plant tons, but I've actually loved the barrels.  It contains the flowers into bright spots.  It is a little spendy replanting every year, but...it works out.  It gives Jeff and the kids something to give me for Mother's Day.  Love those gift certificates to Viki's.

No comments: