Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Prizes for dutch oven cook-off




One of our customer's asked me if Columbia would donate prizes for the dutch oven cook-off at the fair.  We thought we could just donate some hats or something we had on hand, but Jeff decided that maybe we should do something a little more original.  So we did woven baskets with the fixings for a cobbler...done in a dutch oven.  I used some plaid fabric I had laying around to line each basket.  I asked Stephanie if she could make up a little poem to put on a tag for the baskets, and she didn't disappoint me.  It's amazing to me that I can ask almost every one of my kids to write a poem...and they could do it.  I can't do it at all.  But, I thought they turned out pretty cute.  I wrapped them up in cellophane and tied it with another piece of the plaid fabric.  When the lady came to pick up the prizes, I think she was very surprised and pleased with how they looked.  I hope so anyway.

No comments: