Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shop flowers and more


Well, when I promised to post photos of the barrels in front of the shop, I didn't realize I only had One...Anyway, I'm sure you are all sick of looking at flowers anyway.  You all probably have better flowers than I do.  But, I'm in love with them.  I spend a little time every day picking off the blooms that have wilted and are droopy.  Someone told me that they bloom more if they aren't supporting the already dead flowers. 


This pine tree in is front of our house, and when they planted it, they told us they thought it would eventually grow enough to come over the top of the rock.  I thought they were full of it.  I thought they planted it way too far back if they wanted it to go over the rock...but, 10 years later it's made it.  In fact, it's grown so much that this weekend when we did the yard work, I had to trim some of it off.  It's grown down so far it's going out on the sidewalk.
I love how it gets new growth on it in the spring.  It's the most beautiful green and looks and feels so soft.


Last year at the family auction, Trevor had used horse shoes to weld "stapelman".  Anyone who purchased one, could have whatever name they wanted made.  We bought it, and had him make "The Woods"...it was YELLOW....what was he thinking?  I hate yellow.  But, it sat at our front door for several months before I got around to taking it across the road and spray painting it BLACK...I love black things.  Anyway, I've been trying to talk Tori into making me a sculpture with metal pine trees...to go behind it.  So far...nothing.  Maybe someday. 

No comments: