Monday, August 20, 2012

Another card or two




I think I posted a card like the top one, so I won't spend any time on it.  The bottom one though, is paper that I embossed and then sanded.  I like using the embossing folders, especially with paper that has a white core.  I don't think it's my favorite...but it isn't too bad.
Yesterday, Jeff & I rode the horses for awhile.  I rode Chief instead of Scout, and I think the bridle was too short and was hurting his mouth, because he just kept fighting it.  He kept getting more and more flighty.  He even started turning around trying to bite me.  I finally got off and just led him home.  It wasn't worth getting hurt over, but I was very disappointed in him and myself for giving up.  I felt like I let him "win".  Jeff & his dad are going to take them riding...maybe Wednesday up North Heglar.  Jeff let the bridle down, so maybe he'll be okay.  I sure hope so.
I finished the quilt top I've been working on.  Now I just need to get some fabric for the backing.  I really like how it turned out, and I already have a granddaughter saying it's the one she wants.  I keep telling them they can't pick, but...I guess it doesn't hurt to let them put in their "wish". 
I spent some time taking in dresses for Braquel's wedding also.  Almost every dress had to have some kind of alterations.  Mainly just taking in the side seams.  We spent most of the time in my craft room, and I've decided I really have to PURGE....when my three year old granddaughter says..."how come this room is so messy"...I know it's time to clean it up!  Even if that means getting rid of some stuff. 

No comments: