Saturday, December 22, 2012

Robin's exchange card and my quilt


This is the card Robin made for the November exchange....is it just darling or what?  I absolutely loved it!  Thanks for participating Robin....January theme...Winter Wonderland.







Okay...so you have seen the front of this quilt when I pieced it, but just look at it now that it's quilted.  Isn't it just beautiful?  I love it!  I know...alot of I love it's.  When I took it to Soda in September, and spread it out for Doris to see, Mom said..."why isn't it even?  You have more flying geese on one side than the other".  It sort of hurt my feelings, because I thought the flying geese were made that way to show movement...I don't think she meant to hurt my feelings...just saying she likes everything even.  But, I just love it.  I used a template that Doris had for the scroll quilting on the long strips, and it worked out very well.  She said at first the ladies didn't think it was going to show up, but it does and the back really looks nice.  What can I say about a sister that is trying to help me accomplish my goal to make a quilt for each grandkid.  I need to get up in the closet and see where I'm at...how many more do I need to beg to have quilted?  I'm starting another top right after Christmas.  In fact, I started laying out fabric this morning.  Yup...Christmas is pretty much under wraps and I'm starting the clean up process.  It sure will be nice to get back to having some order in the house again.  I think Jeff's about had it with all the crap sitting around.
Today is "game day", so I'm in my BSU shirt already.  Hoping the game goes well for them.  I have not had alot of confidence in them this year, but they've actually done fairly well considering they lost soooo many seniors last year.  So...all we can do is hope for the best and cheer them on wildly.  "GO BRONCOS".

No comments: