Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Blocks





What was I thinking....to agree to making blocks for grandkids again.  And...no, I couldn't just make a few...I had to make a full blown set.  It wasn't bad cutting them out, but sanding was a pain.  Especially since that was right after I broke my ribs and every time the sander grabbed a block and threw it clear across the shop....I jumped a mile.  By the end of the afternoon I wasn't feeling so hot.  But, then I hand painted them all.  That was fun too.  Then I put flowers on the pink/purple/blue/green/yellow ones.  Not all of them, but a few of each size and color.  I didn't take a photo of the flowered ones, but I did white petals with a black center.  I used the end of a pencil to make nice round dots.  They turned out pretty cute.  Then I took them into work and put down a large sheet of carboard and clear coated them all.  That took awhile, and I was just hoping the smell went away before everyone came back to work.  It did make the cement floor extremely slick where it oversrayed the cardboard.  I was skating...trying to work it off.  The joys of "making" your Christmas gifts.....
I put each set in a backpack and it looks pretty cool!  Hope they like them.

No comments: