Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Ornaments for the Ahern's Sharing & Caring tree


Melanie wanted to make the theme : I'll be home for Christmas
So I embroidered this and tea stained it, and then put it in a frame to put under the tree.  I don't know if she ended up using it or not.  I haven't seen the finished tree.


Mel wanted the tree to be mainly cream/white/gold, so I made paper cones and flowers from old sheet music I had.  C.J. brought it home from high school when he was in the band because the teacher was getting rid of it.  I threw a bunch away, and kept a small stack...but I almost wish I had kept it all, because I've used it a ton for things like this.
I made the flowers and cones, and then spritzed everything with a gold spray.  I thought they turned out cute.  I wanted to fill the cones with baby's breath, but Jan came & picked everything up on Saturday and said she couldn't find any, so they put holly berries in them.





In keeping with the cream color scheme, I made lace sachets and some out of muslin that I embroidered on and tea stained...I really like everything.  I hope it's what Melanie was looking for.



Yesterday, the girls and I made our annual shopping trip to Boise.  Had a great time.  They really looked out for me too.  I don't think I carried much of anything all day.  Tori told me once though, that I had to quit buying...she was running out of arms to carry everything.  It was about 11:30 when we got home, but what a fun day.  Love spending time with my kids.

No comments: