Monday, November 19, 2012

Christmas Sharing & Caring- wooden spoon Santa's




I bought the flannel for the hats at the Gathering Place in Rupert, and I just love their flannel.  It certainly isn't cheap, but that's probably why I like it.  Beautiful colors, nice thick fabric, and is so nice when used.  The beards were a challenge.  I had a piece of "ribbon" like yarn.  It's the top Santa.  But, of course, there wasn't enough of it.  I couldn't find anything like that anymore, so I ended up buying some white yarn and sewing it into a strip.  It turned out OK, but I liked the first one better. 
We went out to Johnson's home last night to decorate the tree, and it was coming together very nicely.  The Stapelman's made candy canes wrapped in gingham that were really cute, and Tonya made red & green bells tied together.  Ahern's made burlap covered ornaments, and Ashley had purchased some dark green and red stars that went in nicely.  We didn't stay too long because my ribs were hurting, but it was looking pretty cute.  I know she has things to put under the tree also...hot chocolate, books, etc.  I'll try to get a photo of the completed tree sometime.

No comments: