Sunday, November 18, 2012

Corrugated Santa's for Christmas Caring & Sharing Tree






These didn't look that complicated, but they did take quite a bit of time.  Mainly trying to find corrugated cardboard.  I finally went to work, cut some boxes up and had to peel one side off.  That is way harder than you think.  My fingers were even sore from trying to get all the pieces off.  They use pretty sticky adhesive...let me tell you.  It would just tear off in little pieces and then you had to work to get another edge loose.
Then, I wore a blister on my finger from trying to cut the dang things out.  Corrugated cardboard isn't the easiest thing for scrapbooking scissors.  But, I finally got all that done.  Then you had to paint each piece.  Then stick them together.  I made the mouths out of black wire.  The holly leaves are from silk leaves that I cut out and then painted the darker shade of green. 
Then...you were supposed to splatter them with white paint, using an old toothbrush.  I've tried that before...and I am not good at it.  I thinned some white paint, used the toothbrush and had everything in my craft room covered in paint...including myself.
But...they did turn out cute.  I used some wire I got at the army surplus store in Idaho Falls to hang them with.

1 comment:

Creative Day said...

I LOVE them. I think they are my favorite ornament on the tree!!! I debated having my kids at school make this ornament, but I'm not sure I'm up for all that work right now.