Sunday, July 10, 2011

Some of my birthday gifts


This is going to be sort of a long post, because I got so many cards and gifts.  It was a great birthday.  It means so much to hear from friends that I don't see much anymore.  Usually, I only hear from them on my birthday and Christmas.  My family always makes a big deal.  My mother does a big dinner for our whole family.  My sister Janell's birthday is the 25th and mine is the 29th and it's a great time to celebrate. 




















I got more gifts than this, but they were a little harder to take photos of.  A gift certificate to the "Gathering Place", some tatted snowflakes from my sis (for my Christmas tree), homemade bread, a vase full of fresh roses, some hand made embellisments...too many to list.
I must tell you about the cupcakes though.  CJ got Chris and Taylor the day before my birthday, and came down here to visit.  Taylor had made eight cupcakes for me...all decorated up!  And he did it himself.  They were in the cutest boxes and he was proud of them.  I thought it was just so special.  I loved them.  We all sat down to have one, and Taylor said not to bother with the flowers...they didn't have any taste anyway!  But, I ate mine.  He told me that his mother suggested starting a business and calling it "Taylormade".  Is that cute or what?  I think he could do it too. 
A big thank you to everyone for making my birthday so special.  Love everyone of you!

No comments: