Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lower Mesa Falls


Lower Mesa Falls wasn't as wide or quite as beautiful as Upper Mesa Falls, but it is truly spectacular.  It falls in a narrow channel, and is very turbulent.  It is beautiful in it's own way.  I was so impressed with it.  It's probably been six or seven years since we've been there (maybe longer) and I had forgotten how gorgeous it was.
On the way up, we passed Warm River, and people were floating in tubes down it.  It would be so much fun to have our family go camping together there and floating on the river.  It was fairly calm, so even the kids would have a ball doing it.




Today I had a customer come in to pick up a couple of items.  He is actually a professional photographer, so I was asking him if he still did it.  He told me he does alot of schools, and then is sort of finished for the rest of the year.  Just a few weddings and senior portraits.  I was telling him I liked to take scenery photos and that I had taken a Photoshop class.  He told me he had a great website that would help me practice and learn more about Photoshop, and he's supposed to send me the link.  I told him I had gotten a new Canon camera last year and how much fun I've had with it.
Just a couple of hours later, he came in with a 70-300 zoom lens.  Canon.  Told me it should fit my camera and I could just use it for awhile.  He said when he needed it he would come back and pick it up...I was almost afraid to pick it up.  He said it ran about $2500....yikes.  But...how awesome is that?  First off, that he would even let me use it, and that he would trust me just to keep it until he needs it....I am awed! 
I can't wait to try it out.  Robin is coming next weekend, and I'm thinking we could see how it works!!!!

No comments: