Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Chocolate brown?

For Christmas (2009) Danelle & Steph and their families gave me towels, rugs, and a shower curtain so I could change the spare bathroom from the moons and stars that Tori had picked when she lived with us, to a more modern look.  Danelle thought I should paint the north wall with a dark color.  She's always after me to get rid of all these off-white colored walls.  Well, Jeff on the other hand, has said "we'll never paint a wall dark"...too hard to cover up, I guess.  Well, I did it.  I painted the wall a chocolate brown.  I'm still not sure I'm in love with it, but it's growing on me.  I guess we'll see what happens when Jeff gets back.

 I like the shower rings.  I thought they blended with the shower curtain quite well.

 The soap container...I also got a jar, clear with the brass colored top, and a wastebasket that's brass colored.


This photo shows that chocolate brown wall a little more.  I thought the towels looked pretty cool with it though.

I also got this little towel stand to hold a hand towel, a candle warmer, and a vase with a red candle in it for ambience.  On the shelf on the wall, I put three frames of different colors (those in the curtain) and I'm going to print some photos of our Oregon coast trip to put in them.  All in all, I'm pretty pleased with the whole thing.  Can't wait for Danelle and Steph to come and see it and make suggestions.  I've never been great at decorating...I can use all the help I can get.
Thanks for the great Christmas gift...even if it did take me a while to get the courage up to paint my wall "chocolate brown".

No comments: