Friday, October 8, 2010

Just a thought



How long have I been a crafty person?  Well, this dresser scarf is the very first thing that I learned to embroidery on, and crochet...at least that I can remember.  I know that we did a cross-stitch thing in Primary, and I really liked it so my mother let me do this scarf.  I think my mother taught us to do crafty things because we didn't have...gasp...tv, Wii's, XBox, etc.etc.etc.  Our time was spent working mainly, and then reading and playing games as a family and handiwork.  I've used this dresser scarf for alot of years, but recently passed it down to one of my daughters.  I'm not sure, but hopefully it means something to her.  She is collecting some antique things, and believe me...this is pretty old.
Somedays, I think about what good parents I had.  I don't seem to remember any of the "bad" things...I'm sure I didn't think they were always right, they were probably mean because they made me hoe beets all summer long, I'm sure we had our share of disagreements...but they were good parents.  I only hope that my kids feel the same way about me.  You can't always be a "friend"...you have to be the parent.  That means teaching them to work, to play, to do handiwork...thanks mom.  No matter what anyone asked...you always said...my girls can do that.  And we did.  That's probably why I'm a crafty lady.

No comments: