Sunday, May 9, 2010

The weekend is over...

Here's the first layout for my 2009-2010 scrapbook. I did it at the retreat of Treven's soccer last fall. Danelle provides me with photos, or I probably wouldn't have anything from his soccer games. I did go to one, but didn't get much in the way of photos.
Well, the weekends just go by way too fast. Robin & the boys came down Friday evening. I was in the yard working, and Jeff was getting the truck ready to go 4-wheeling when they came. I took both boys for a ride, and then we played with the horses for awhile. When we came in we fixed dinner and then it was almost bedtime already. Robin and I worked in the craft room until about 1:00 p.m. I was up at 5:30 a.m. so it was a short night. I started on Braquel's book that I'm making for my final project in the Photoshop class I'm taking. I uploaded photos to WalMart so I would have photos for the book. By then it was time to fix breakfast, fix Jeff's lunch, shower, clean up, and then run to Janell's for our retreat meeting. I read all the survey's, and appreciated all the good comments. There were things that we felt were very good ideas too. And, some that...face it...we just can't please everyone! But for the most part, they were pretty positive. We are already excited about the things we have planned, and we're going to be starting on the challenges on the first of June...Yikes. That's only a couple of weeks away.

After the meeting, we ran to Twin to do a little scrapbook shopping at Girlfriends. It was funny...Dave came in to get a gift certificate for Danelle from them. Too funny! Half the family was shopping for scrapbooking stuff. Then we ate lunch at the Mongolian Bar-B-Q. Love that place. Then guess what? We ran into Best Buy and I finally broke down and bought a new camera. A Canon D50... it's the same one Robin has, and I'm in love. Can't wait to read the book and get to know it better. Robin helped me with some things, but I'm sure it will take me awhile. But, I love the weight of it almost more than anything. It feels so good to have a nice, heavy camera again. Then Michael's ...and then Cold Stone. UMMMMM. Love that place.

We weren't home long, and it was time to run to Albion. Debbie (bless her heart) had planned a surprise birthday/closing party for Danelle at Annie's. We got there about 8:30 and Danelle still wasn't there. They couldn't get her to come down. I called, and of course, she knew something was up...just because I was in Albion. She and Gary finally came down though. We didn't stay long since the boys were at Danelle's.

When we got home, we got the boys to bed and then Robin and I worked again until about 1:00. Up at 6:00 and I actually finished the book for Braquel today. I just need to get the letters from everyone. Vern & Reta gave me their's, but so far...that's all I have. I'm thrilled with it though. Good thing Robin was here to help me bind it. And...I had to use some of the photos she took too. I love having her here. She is such a special lady...She gave me a 12x12 paper rack for Mother's Day. Steph gave me a Hard Rock t-shirt from San Juan...so cool! Danelle and family gave me a gift certificate to Vicki's...can't wait to get my flowers. And Jason's family brought me a gift certificate for Penny's. Tori called later...so it was a very nice Mother's Day. I called Reta since I didn't get to go to brunch with Jeff, and then called mom since she's in Soda helping Doris recover. Doris sounded much stronger and I'm sure she'll feel better after getting the stitches and staples out tomorrow.

Thanks to all the kids for the visit's and gifts. Oh...I forgot. Jeff got me a card and money for flowers too. He got me the cutest card. Say's...sleep late...don't fix breakfast...don't do laundry...do cook lunch...don't clean...just sit around and take a nap...In other words...pretend you're me! Pretty cool day.

No comments: