Thursday, August 7, 2014

Quilt show in Idaho Falls


In June, Margene and I decided to purchase a quilting machine from Hemstitching in Burley.  She was getting a new one, and she always sells the one she has.  Jeff actually saw the ad in the paper, and told me he thought we should do it.  I didn't really think Margene would be interested, but I'm so excited that she was.  We are taking awhile to get used to it, but I think it's going to be awesome.


Janell rode up with me so I didn't have to go alone, which I really appreciated.  We met over to Robin's home, and she and her mother went with us also.  There were a lot of gorgeous quilts, and I was surprised that almost all of them are machine quilted.  There were very few hand quilted ones.  I guess I'm lucky that Doris did so many of them for me.
On a side note, Ruth Bear came out to see all my quilts that I've made, and when I got them all down, I actually had two more than I thought finished.  That helps, but I still have about a dozen to make.


The following quilts were so fun.  They all had to do with cows.  The one below was called cupcake cow I think, and it had cupcakes all over...even for the teats.





Moodonna was one of my favorite.  Look at those stockings?





They were all just sooo cute.  I loved them.  I don't have a clue what you would do with them all, but it was fun to see them.  We all (along with Chris and Taylor) went to lunch and then the quilt show.  Then a little shopping.  Chris asked if I wanted to go golfing with them...which I would have loved, but thought I'd better get back home since we were leaving for Challis on Monday.

No comments: