Monday, March 5, 2012

Wedding card







This is just a wedding card I made using up scraps again.  I thought it turned out sort of cool.
Friday night I went down to mom's, and brought back some photo albums (like 3 trips to the pickup) and started scanning photos for a video for her birthday party.  It was so much fun going through all these old photos.  I kept  calling Jeff in to look at them.  This is my dad...being funny.  This is dad holding his first great-grandchild...just before he died.  It's the only one he got to see.  He died four days after he turned 62...and guess what?  It dawned on me...I'm 62 and I just had my first great-grandchild too.  How weird is that?  I sure hope I get to see alot more before I die.  It sure made me stop and think though.  Am I spending enough time with my grandkids?  My kids?  I'm afraid not.  Life just gets in the way too often.
Tonight Danelle had us up for dinner and cake for Ellie and Mikayla's birthdays.  It was so nice.  I love spending time with them, and Ellie was so excited to open her gifts and blow out her candles.  It was cute.  Thanks for inviting us up.  I just can't believe she's three already.  And Mikayla is going to be 17...unbelievable how fast they grow up!

No comments: