Saturday, March 31, 2012

Challenge #8- using a new technique or at least one from the video's
















This week's challenge was to try a new technique or something from one of the awesome video's that Robin has been doing.  I love them all...love her voice on them.
Wet embossing is NOT a new technique for me, but it is something Robin did a video on, and I very seldom use it in my scrapbooking.  So, I decided to try it.  The flowers on the first page, and the butterfly on the second page are both embossed.  I used a glitter embossing powder.  Copper on the flowers and some copper and an orange on the butterfly to give it a little more dimension.  I actually liked how it turned out.
I wanted to scrap the banner and the pumpkins, because I really liked both items.  Robin came down and we made all the cloth pumpkins...which I love to sit by the fireplace in the fall.  Then I only had one photo from Automation Fair, but it was in November so I decided to combine the two for a double page layout. 
I think scrapbooking is so much fun.  You can try so many different things and it all comes out wonderful.
Have a great weekend.

No comments: