Saturday, March 17, 2012

Challenge #6- using a photo for inspiration

The challenge this week was to look at an inspiration photo and be "inspired" by it.  It wouldn't matter if it was clothing, a Pottery Barn catalog, etc.  Just either use the color combination or the design for inspiration.  I decided to use the spring looking colors of the flowers.  Danelle's birthday is in May, and the year they were quitting the bar, everyone wanted to honor them with a surprise party.  We combined her birthday with that.  But...she hadn't scheduled herself to work that night, and no amount of calling and begging her to come down seemed to be getting her there.  When Jeff & I got there, I called and told her we had come up and were expecting her to be there.  That really made her suspicious because Jeff & I very rarely went up there.  But, she finally came down and enjoyed the good food and games.  Robin took the photos...none of mine even turned out.  Too dark I guess.














The "birthday" was traced on a transparency and then I painted the back with a color that matched the paper.  I thought it turned out fairly cute.

No comments: