Sunday, March 25, 2012

Retreat Challenge #7

G:  Glitter
I:  Irridescent
R: Rhinestones
L:  Lace
S: Sparkle
The challenge was to use one or all of these items on a layout.  I also saw another challenge to use scrap pieces to create a border, so I combined the two.  I used photos of my roses that I have around the yard.  I love roses, but Jeff doesn't really, so it's my job to take care of them.  Every winter I seem to lose several and have to replant, which is discouraging, but I just keep trying.  Enjoy.
Only four more challenges before the retreat.
I'm sorry I'm late with this challenge.  My mother turned 90 this week and we held an open house and family dinner for her yesterday.  It was a great success and I loved visiting with relatives and friends.  I certainly appreciate all the help we had.  Mom called me today and said she counted up the friends that had signed her guest book, and there were 97...and who knows if everyone signed.  There were also 145 family members there.  Thanks to everyone who helped out in anyway, or came to visit with mom.


















No comments: