Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My 1st Ggrandson

This photo is of my father just before he passed away, four days after he turned 62.  My mother was only 57.  At the time, I was very upset about my father having cancer, but...I felt like he had had a good life.  Boy, getting older myself has certainly changed my perspective.  62...I turned that this past June, and in November my first ggrandson was born.  I sure don't want to give up my time with my grandkids and ggrandson and my future ggrandchildren yet.  I look back, and mourn the fact that my kids lost their grandfather at such an early age.  I sure hope I make it for lots more years.  I also think about how young my mother was.  57...and this month she will turn 90.  That's a long time to be alone too.  I know she keeps saying that all of her friends have already passed away, and she doesn't understand why she is still here.  But, I'm sure glad she is. 
Today, I drove to Gooding and got to visit with Brittney and meet that very first ggrandson.  He is so strong, and was so good.  Even though he had never seen me before today, he was perfectly willing to let me hold him and talk to him and play with him.  When Brittney laid him on his back to show me how he can turn over, I was totally amazed at how quickly he turned over, and then lifted himself up on all fours and scooted towards us.  He is a doll.  And...I'm not the least bit prejuidiced. hehehe

1 comment:

Robin said...

hope you took photos!!!