Sunday, March 6, 2011

A new toy!


When I was in Boise a couple of weeks ago, I went to the Paper Cottage.  It used to be my favorite scrapbook store in Boise.  However, after I'd already been to Archiver's and found some new papers and things, I found the Paper Cottage seriously lacking.  They hardly had any paper and ribbons left, and had moved everything into about half of their original space.  I was really disappointed.  I don't know if they're going out of business, or if they are just cutting back, but I couldn't believe it. 
They did have some folded flowers like the one above, and they told me they used a Martha Stewart scoring board.  They didn't have one, so I ran over the Craft Warehouse, and they did.  I tried making one, (the above is my first) and it's a little harder than it looks.  First off, the patterned paper tears quite easily when you try to score it.  Also, they told me they scored in every other dip, which is what I did.  It seems a little close by the time you fold it all up, but it does work.  I used one of the paper buttons I made for the center...I should have tied some ribbon or string through it.  I was just trying to glue it on there to hold it, and didn't really think of what it was going to look like.  I figure I'll just glue another center over that to cover up the holes...no big deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it turned out really cute! I am going to Boise this weekend and hubbsters promised me a trip to Archivers - I am GIDDY excited but wondered about the other stores too... glad you told me!
XO
Darla