Thursday, March 3, 2011

#7 Layout




I sure hope you all aren't getting tired of looking at layouts that I've finished lately.  I've been on a roll and I'm excited because I've finished everything I had in a bag from the last retreat.  I've put new photos in the bags, and now I just need to find paper and embellishments to put with them and I'm ready for the retreat in April.  I'm getting excited, even though I think it will get here before we know it...and certainly before I'm ready.
This layout is of Braquel and Ellie.  Danelle said Ellie can be laughing and having a good time and then...all of a sudden...she's mad.  These photos certainly show that side of her.  I liked the lace flower...I made it myself.  It seems a little bulky, but I think when it's in the page protector it should be okay.
I had this layout made and the title before I read Danelle's blog about how Ellie is into Princess things now.  I loved using the bling...made it seem fancy like a princess.
Danelle told me yesterday, that she decided to make homemade rolls for dinner.  She mixed them up and set them by the fireplace to rise.  When they were ready, she rolled them out and formed the rolls, covered them with a dishtowel and set them by the fireplace again.  Later, she heard Chelsey say...Mom's going to beat you.  Ellie had taken all the rolls and mixed them together for her...Danelle wasn't happy.  She made her sit in time out.  She rerolled the rolls, but came up 9 short...she asked Chelsey to check the living room to make sure there weren't more.  No...so she thought that because they were partly raised, they just didn't roll out the same.  But a little later, Chelsey found the missing rolls....in a pan, cooking, on Ellie's play kitchen.  I couldn't help but laugh, but Danelle didn't find it amusing.  Today she said she had painted some little wood knobs for a toy chest that Woody is building Ellie for her birthday.  She went in the kitchen to do dishes, and then found Ellie had "repainted" all the little knobs...time out again!  I hope Danelle tells these stories on her blog, because she is much better at story telling than I am, but I wanted these recorded for myself.

No comments: