Monday, March 14, 2011

March exchange card #3

My third new technique was to dry emboss something, and then wet emboss it.  This was more difficult than I thought it would be.  If you went super light over the dry embossing with the VersaMark pad, the embossing powder would stick to everything.  I tried using the embossing buddy, thinking that would keep the powder from sticking to the background, but it still did.  So, I'm not sure I really liked this technique.  I embossed it the first time, and then went over it again and embossed it again, and I liked it a little better...at least the dry embossed parts stood out a little more.  But I still don't care for the way the powder stuck to the background.  If anyone knows how to keep it from doing that...please let me know.  I did like the design of the card...and the cupcake.

No comments: