Sunday, March 13, 2011

March exchange card #2

Here's my second technique that I had never tried before.  Making your own buttons.  I found this on Split Coast Stampers and was sort of interested and really only did it because I needed to use a technique I'd never tried before.  I didn't really think I'd like it though.
You start by punching several layers of scrap papers.  I used a 1" punch.  Then you glue 5-6 together and let dry.  I left a color on top that I actually wanted to use.  Then you sand the edges, you can stamp on the top or use patterned paper to match your card or layout.  Then punch your holes...I used my cropadile.  Then cover with crystal effects or whatever brand you use.  Let dry, tie with floss...wow...I was actually impressed with them.  I think I'll be doing more of this technique. 

No comments: