Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ellie's birthday gift





The theme for Ellie's 2nd birthday, was "princess".  I couldn't decide what to do for the wrapping, but finally decided I could do a crown and use some paper that had "princess" in glitter on it.  I thought it turned out kind of cool.  I took a card that someone had made for the exchange that had a crown on it, and said "princess" and just free handed the crown.  Then I put jewels on it.  Used the paper and then tied some netting around it.  I thought it was cute.
When we got to Danelle's, Chelsey made me feel bad.  She said she thought her gift was the best wrapped one until I got there.  I didn't know whether to feel bad that I made her feel bad, or feel wonderful that she thought mine was cuter...um...I didn't mean to make her feel bad. 
The party was fun, and I loved it when Ellie blew out the candles and then stuck her face in the cake...I guess she thought she'd just finish it off.  The other part that made me feel good was when we got there, she wanted to sit by Grandpa and Grandma and drug a chair over to us.  She always acts so excited and happy to see us...it just melts your heart.

No comments: