Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valentine containers



I wanted to give a couple of our neighbors (older widowers) some cookies for Valentine Day.  I made a double batch of oatmeal, raisin cookies and they fit perfectly in these raisin containers I'd just emptied.  So I decided I'd cover them with Valentine paper and then deliver them just before Valentine's Day.  Last year our neighbor's wife had just passed away about a month before, so I put a bunch in his mailbox.  His grandson ran into me one day, and told me how excited his grandpa was that he got "treats" for Valentine's Day.  It's amazing to me what small things mean to people.  I just don't know why I don't do more of it.
A while back, one of my daughters called me and said:  "I just wanted to thank you." I wasn't sure what for until she explained that we helped them move, helped them tile, etc, etc.  I don't even think I do anywhere near enough for my kids, much less others.  It makes me want to do so much bettter.  Getting a little thanks means alot...so thank you!  Thank you to my kids, my husband, my family, my neighbors, the people I work with, the people I do business with...some of you are my favorite people...so many, I can't begin to name them.  Whomever said it takes a "village" is certainly right. 
And I'm committed to doing better.

No comments: