Sunday, February 20, 2011

Scraps, scraps, scraps


A long time ago in Papercrafts, they showed a set of tags made with this SU set.  I made the little container full of the tags and gave it away, but I had made quite a few extra tags at the same time.  While I was down with my surgery, I thought I could at least clean out a drawer or two, and guess what?  I found these tags.  I decided to just use them on cards. (of course, the card fronts are ones that I already had put together from scraps)
I didn't think they turned out too bad.  The green ribbon on the above card was just a scrap in my jar that sits on my desk.  I always try to use up little pieces to empty it out, but it never seems to go down much.

This was another "scrap" front I had made.  I stamped the cupcakes, and then used crystal effects on the icing.  While it was still wet, I sprinkled beads in it to simulate "sprinkles" on the icing.  I sort of liked how it turned out. 
I've been in Boise for a couple of days.  Took my camera into to be repaired...can't wait to get it back.  I actually only left the lens, as the camera will take photos.  Then I went to Idaho camera and bought a 50mm lens...so now I can at least use it.  I also stopped at a few scrapbook stores and a craft store.  The craft store was having a big sale on all bolt fabric, so I got several backs for quilts.  I know...I said I wasn't going to do that, but this was such a good buy.  I just had to...Jeff said I'd better get out of Boise...quick.  I have to agree with him...I went a little nuts.

No comments: